If you are looking for AFCAT general awareness basic science questions then here we have provided the general knowledge baisc science questions for AFCAT written exam along with the answer key at the end . The AFCAT general science questions provided below is prepared by expert teacher as per the previous year questions and exam pattern of AFCAT . Basic science questions for AFCAT pdf will help you to test your preparation level and understanding the are which you need to improve .
Every year around 3 to 4 questions are asked in AFCAT from general science which includes basic science from class-9 to 12 level.The questions are asked from general physics , general chemistry , general biology topics . Some of the topics from which questions asked are like Force and Laws of Motion, Heat, Temperature, Electricity , Acid, Bases and Salts, Radioactivity, Chemical Bonding , and Living Organism, Cell, Human Body etc.
Below we have provided some of the previously asked general science questions in AFCAT written exam for practice . We have also provided the answer key at the end , so that you can check your answers yourself . Moreover before attempting the AFCAT General science provided below applicant should check AFCAT syllabus and AFCAT eligibility .
Table of Contents
AFCAT General science MCQs questions with answers 2023:
- Through ‘photosynthesis’ green plants generate
(a) inorganic materials (b) minerals
(c) organic materials (d) nutrients
- When lime juice is dropped on baking soda, brisk effervescence takes place because the gas evolved is
(a) hydrogen (b) oxygen
(c) carbon dioxide (d) All of these
- A electric heater, kept in vacuum, is heated continuously by passing electric current. Its temperature
(a) will go on rising with time
(b) will stop rising after some time as it will lose heat to the surrounding by conduction
(c) will become constant after some time because of loss of heat due to radiation
(d) None of the above
- Mud houses are coller in summer and warmer in winter, because
(a) mud is superconductor of heat
(b) mud is bad conductor of heat
(c) mud is good conductor of heat
(d) None of the above
- Aqua-regia is a mixture of the following in the ratio 1 : 3 by volume
(a) conc. HNO3 and conc. HCI
(b) conc. HNO3 and conc. H2SO4
(c) dil. HCl and dil. HNO3
(d) conc. HCI and conc. HNO3
- Citric acid is present in free form in
(a) Tamarind (b) Milk (c) Apple (d) Lemon
- Solutions in test tubes containing H2O and aqueous NaOH can be differentiated with the help of
(a) red litmus
(b) blue litmus
(d) HCl (aqueous)
- Which one among the following is a covalent compound?
(a) Calcium chloride (b) Magnesium fluoride
(c) Sodium chloride (d) Carbon tetra chloride
- Which of the following cytoplasmic Erganelles are treated as prokaryetic cells with in the eukaryotic cells?
(a) Mitochondria (b) Gogi bodies
(c) Lysosomes (d) Glyoxysomes
- Auxiliary bud develops into which of the following part of the plant?
(a) Fruit (b) Leaf (c) Branch (d) Roots
- Xylem helps in transportation of which of the following?
(a) Food (b) Water
(c) Nutrients (d) Both food and water
- Which of the following is the largest gland in human body?
(a) Thyroid (b) Liver (c) Kidney (d) Pancreas
- On which principle does the hydraulic lift works?
(a) Newton’s (b) Joule’s law
(c) Archimede’s law (d) Pascal’s law
- At what temperature (in degree celsius), the numerical values on Celsius and Fahrenheit scales become equal?
(a) – 40 (b) 40 (c) 273 (d) – 273
- IN MICR, what does ‘I’ stands for?
(a) Interactive (b) Information
(c) Ink (d) Instruction
- What is the process of conversion of solid state directly to gaseous state called?
(a) Evaporation (b) Condensation
(c) Sublimation (d) Distillation
- Blue Vitriol is another name for which of the following?
(a) Copper sulphate (b) Oxygen
(c) Copper (d) Magnesium oxide
- Agricultural commodities, are graded with
(a) ISI (b) Eco-products
(c) AGMARK (d) Green product
- Which is the second nearest star to the Earth after the Sun?
(a) Vega (b) Sirius
(c) Proxima Centauri (d) Alpha Centauri
- Which is an extra-constitutional body?
(a) Language Commission (b) Planning Commission
(c) Election Commission (d) Finance Commission
- Velocity of a man in steady water is 4.5 kmph. Velocity of the stream is 1.5 kmph. If he goes upstream and come back. What is the average velocity?
(a) 4 kmph (b) 5 kmph
(c) 6 kmph (d) 7 kmph
- Gas released during Bhopal tragedy was
(a) sodium isothiocyanate (b) ethyl isothiocyanate
(c) potassium isothiocyanate (d) methyl isothiocyanate
- Biodegradable wastes can usually be converted into useful substances with the help of
(a) bacteria (b) nuclear proteins
(c) radioactive (d) viruses
- Cadmium pollution is associated with
(a) minamata disease
(b) black foot disease
- Artificial rain is produced by seeding clouds with
(a) Silver lodide
(b) Potassium Nitrate
(c) Copper Sulphate
(d) Silver Nitrate
- Which one of the following best explains the occurrence of the solar eclipse?
(a) Position of the Moon between Sun and Earth
(b) Position of the Moon between Sun and Earth on a new Moon
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of the above
- Which of the follwong soils is most conducive of the growth of cotton?
(a) Alluvial (b) Red
(c) Laterite (d) Black
- Heavy water is called heavy because
(a) it is denser than ordinary water
(b) it is an oxide of deuteron
(c) it has heavy (or bad) taste
(d) it has a heavier isotope of hydrogen
- Animals active at night are called
(a) Diurnal (b) Nocturnal
(c) Parasites (d) Nactor-diurnal
- Natural radioactivity was discovered by
(a) Marie Curie (b) Earnest Rutherford
(c) Henry Bacquerel (d) Enrico Fermi
- Sir CV Raman was awarded Noble Prize for his work connected with which of the following phenomenon of radiation?
(a) Scattering (b) Diffraction
(c) Interference (d) Polarization
- In which atmospheric layer are the communication satellites located?
(a) Stratosphere (b) lonosphere
(c) Troposphere (d) Mesosphere
- Lines joining places of equal temperature are called
(a) isotherms (b) isohyets (c) isomers (d) isobars
- Which among the following is India’s first long range subsonic cruise missile?
(a) Agni II (b) Prithvi (c) Dhanush (d) Nirbhay
- The branch of Science that studies cells is called
(a) Cytology (b) Entomology
(c) Homoplastic (d) Hormonology
AFCAT General science questions answers :
1 (c) 2 (c) 3 (c) 4 (b) 5 (a) 6 (d) 7 (a) 8 (d) 9 (a) 10 (c) 11 (b) 12 (b) 13 (d) 14 (a) 15 (c) 16 (c) 17 (a) 18 (c) 19 (c) 20 (b) 21 (a) 22 (d) 23 (a) 24 (d) 25 (a) 26 (b) 27 (d) 28 (d) 29 (b) 30 (c) 31 (a) 32 (b) 33 (a) 34 (d) 35 (a)
Other post you may like :
- Defence Awareness Notes for AFCAT 2024 | AFCAT Handwritten Notes
- Lucent General English PDF Download 2023 | Lucent English Grammar
- Lucent GK Book PDF in English & Hindi
- Most Expected Types of Maths Questions in Agniveer Exam 2023
- 50+ Agniveer Physics Questions with Answers 2023
- 200+ Airforce Agniveer General Science One Liner 2023 PDF Download
- Lucent Computer Book PDF Download Free
- Lucent Airforce Math Book PDF Free Download 2023
- 100 Golden Rules of Error Detection and Sentence Improvement
- Lucent General Science PDF Download In Hindi And English 2023
Search keywords and tags :
- afcat general awareness basic science
- afcat general science
- general science for afcat
- basic science for afcat
- general science for afcat pdf
- afcat general awareness questions with answers pdf
- afcat science syllabus
- basic science questions for afcat pdf