Here you will get AFCAT General knowledge questions along with answers key to practice . In this blog we have provided 100 Important static gk questions for AFCAT written exam . Alot of applicants look for AFCAT Gk questions to test their knowledge and preparation level , with the help of below gk questions and answer key you will get to know about your weak areas which you need to improve . The below provided AFCAT gk questions are prepared by accumulating previous years gk questions from AFCAT written exam .
General knowledge (GK) or general awareness is a important section for AFCAT . Every year around 5 to 8 questions are asked in AFCAT written exam from static Gk and current affairs sections . Some of the important topics of general awareness one can focus from which questions are regularly asked are First in India, Superlatives, Books and Authors, Capital and Currencies, International Organisation and Awards.
Below we have provided top-100 important AFCAT general knowledge questions along with the answers key at the end to practice . Practicing questions will help you to get and idea about the types of questions that are asked in your AFCAT written exam and analysing your preparation .
Table of Contents
AFCAT General Knowledge Questions 2023:
The answer key is provided at the end :
- The first Indian to join the ICS was
(a) Romesh Dutt (b) Surendranath Banerjee
(c) Behari Lal Gupta (d) Satyendranath Tagore
- Who was the first Indian to be appointed President of the international Court of Justice.
(a) Nagendra Singh (b) Bhagat Singh
(c) Dr. Hardayal (d) None of these
- The first Lady Governor of Independent India was
(a) Vijayalaxmi Pandit (b) Shanti Devi
(c) Sarojini Naidu (d) None of these
- First woman judge of Supreme Court of India was
(a) R. Bhanumati (b) M.S. Fatima Bibi
(c) Sujata Manohar (d) Gyan Sudha Misra
- Who among the following was the first women Chief Justice of a High Court?
(a) Geeta Mukherjee (b) Leila Seth
(c) Sujata Manohar (d) Rani Seth Malani
- Which among the following is the longest railway platform?
(a) Allahabad (b) New Delhi
(c) Gorakhpur (d) Mumbai
- Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, the largest temple in the India is located in
(a) Tamil Nadu, India (b) Maharashtra
(c) Burma (d) Nepal
- The first fully Indian Bank is
(a) Canara Bank (b) Punjab National Bank
(c) State Bank of India (d) Central Bank of India
- Which of the following is called Blue Mountains?
(a) Himalayas (b) Shivaliks
(c) Nilgiri hills (d) Western Ghats
- The first national park established in India, is
(a) Namdapha National Park
(b) Corbett National Park
(c) Dudhwa National Park
(d) Guindy National Park
- The highest rock and earth-fill dam in India is
(a) Hirakud dam (b) Sardar Sarovar dam
(c) Tehri dam (d) Bakhra dam
- Gol Gumbaz, one of the largest dome in India is located in
(a) Bijapur (b) Lucknow
(c) Aurangabad (d) Nasik
- ‘Faizabad’ is the old name of which of the following cities?
(a) Allahabad (b) Ayodhya
(c) Gurgaon (d) Mysore
- Changed name of ‘Allahabad’ is
(a) Prayagraj (b) Atal Nagar
(c) Palghat (d) Vidisha
- Which of them is not a World Heritage Site in India?
(a) Ajanta Caves (b) Nalanda Mahavira
(c) Rani Ki Vav (d) Bhopal City
- Which city is known as ‘Pink City’?
(a) Amritsar (b) Kolkata
(c) Jaipur (d) Mumbai
- Which among the following historic cities has been announced as World Heritage Site in India?
(a) Ahmedabad (b) Gujarat
(c) Udaipur (d) Patna
- Which place is called ‘Manchester of India’?
(a) Coimbatore (b) Ahmedabad
(c) Mumbai (d) Khajjiar
- Jamshedpur is also known as
(a) Steel City (b) City of Joy
(c) City of Temples (d) Golden City
- Which among the following is the largest man-made lake in India?
(a) Wular lake
(b) Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar
(c) Pulicat lake
(d) Sambhar lake
- The first person to travel twice to space is
(a) Robert Blacksmith (b) Charles Simonyi
(c) David Kellermann (d) None of these
- The first person to reach South pole
(a) Robert Peary (b) Amundsen
(c) Sherpa Tenzing (d) Helmer Hanssen
- Largest fresh water lake in the world is
(a) Baikal lake (b) Superior (USA) lake
(c) Wular lake (d) Vembanad lake
- First country to appoint Lokpal was
(a) Germany (b) Britain
(c) Sweden (d) India
- Which among the following is the first country to impose Carbon Tax?
(a) New Zealand (b) Sweden
(c) America (d) Russia
- Which of the following river makes largest delta of the world?
(a) The Ganga (b) The Indus
(c) The Niger (d) The Nile
- The largest man-made canal in the world is
(a) Rhine canal (b) Panama canal
(c) Suez canal (d) Baltic White sea canal
- Which of the following is the largest country by area?
(a) Russia (b) China
(c) USA (d) Brazil
- Which among the following is the tallest statue?
(a) Statue of Unity, Gujarat
(b) Statue of Liberty
(c) Christ the Redeemer
(d) Tian Tan Buddha
- First country to issue paper currency is
(a) China (b) USA (c) UK (d) Egypt
- First country to launch artificial satellite in the space
(a) USA (b) UK
(c) Germany (d) Russia
- The first spacecraft to reach on Mars is
(a) Columbia (b) Voyager
(c) New Horizons (d) Viking-I
- Which is the highest located airport in the world?
(a) Bangda Airport, Tibet
(b) Daocheng Yading, Tibet
(c) EL Alto, Bolivia
(d) Shigatse Peace Airport, China
- Which is the deepest ocean in the world?
(a) Indian ocean (b) Atlantic ocean
(c) Pacific ocean (d) Arabian sea
- Largest country of Asia in terms of area is
(a) Canada (b) Brazil (c) Russia (d) India
- Largest river of Africa is
(a) Amazon (b) Nile
(c) Volga (d) Eyre
- Land of Rising Sun is
(a) Japan (b) China
(c) India (d) Sri Lanka
- Which is known as the land of midnight Sun?
(a) Japan (b) Switzerland
(c) Norway (d) None of these
- Yen is the currency of
(a) Germany (b) France
(c) Japan (d) South Korea
- Berlin is the capital of
(a) Germany (b) France
(c) Switzerland (d) Italy
- Euro is not the currency of
(a) Italy (b) France
(c) Germany (d) Switzerland
- ‘Amman’ is the capital city of
(a) Lebanon (b) Jordan
(c) Yemen (d) Bahrain
- The currency of Myanmar is known as
(a) Rufiyaa (b) Kyat (c) Peso (d) Rupiah
- Lira is the currency of which European country?
(a) Italy (b) Greece
(c) Finland (d) Austria
- Currency of Saudi Arabia is
(a) Dinar (b) Lira
(c) Riyal (d) None of these
- Name the parallel which divides USA and Canada?
(a) 38th parallel line (b) 17th parallel line
(c) 24th parallel line (d) 49th parallel line
- The International Border between India and China is known by the name
(a) Radcliffe line (b) Durand line
(c) McMahon line (d) Siegfried line
- ‘Dispur’ is the capital of
(a) Assam (b) Arunachal Pradesh
(c) Goa (d) Manipur
- ‘Aizawl’ is the capital of
(a) Manipur (b) Mizoram
(c) Odisha (d) Punjab
- Satyameva Jayate has been taken from
(a) Mundaka Upanishad (b) Rigveda
(c) Natyashastra (d) Samveda
- The Ashok Stambh (Lion pillar) of which place adopted as national emblem of India?
(a) Sanchi (b) Sarnath
(c) Gaya (d) Meerut
- One of the Seven wonders of the world ‘Machu Picchu’ is located in
(a) Peru (b) Brazil (c) India (d)Mexico
- Name the parliament of Japan.
(a) Sansad (b) Diet
(c) Duma (d) Congress
- National Parliament is the Parliament of which of the following?
(a) Bangladesh (b) Nepal
(c) Pakistan (d) Afghanistan
- ‘Premchand’ is the pen name of
(a) Dhayanchand (b) Vardhaman
(c) Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava (d) Chittaranjan Das
- National Voter’s Day is observed on which date?
(a) 25th January (b) 26th January
(c) 15th August (d) 26th November
- When international ‘Yoga Divas’ is celebrated ?
(a) Ist May (b) 21st June
(c) 25th April (d) 2nd July
- Which of the following is not written by Munshi Premchand?
(a) Gaban (b) Godan
(c) Guide (d) Manasarovar
- Mother Teresa’s area of work was
(a) Charity (b) Religion
(c) Author (d) Philosopher
- Who is the author of book ‘The Time Machine’?
(a) Leo Tolstoy (b) HG Wells
(c) Karl Marx (d) Homer
- Who is known as ‘Iron man of India’?
(a) Vardhaman (b) Vallabhbhai Patel
(c) Narendranath Dutta (d) Rabindranath Tagore
- Which of the following book has been written by Vikram Seth?
(a) My God Died Young (b) Look Back in Anger
(c) A Suitable Boy (d) Islamic Bomb
- ‘A voice for freedom’ is a book written by
(a) Corazon Aquino (b) Nayantara Sahgal
(c) Aung San Suu Kyi (d) Benazir Bhutto
- The famous book ‘Meghdoot’ is written by
(a) Kalidas (b) Maharishi Vedvyas
(c) Tulsidas (d) Kautilya
- When was United Nations (UN) formed?
(a) 1945 (b) 1946 (c) 1947 (d)1944
- Who was the first Secretary General of UN?
(a) Antonio Guterres
(b) Kofi Annan
(d) Trygve Lie
- Where is the headquarters of International Monetary Fund located?
(a) Washington DC (b) Geneva
(c) Rome (d) New York
- Which day is observed as Human Right Day?
(a) 24th October (b) 4th July
(c) 10th December (d) None of these
- Which UN Organisation promote’s children’s welfare?
(a) UNESCO (b) UNICEF
(c) BRD (d) IMF
- The headquarter of UNICEF is located in
(a) New York (b) London
(c) Geneva (d) Paris
- Who wrote the book ‘Anand Math?
(a) Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
(b) Abul Fazal
(d) Sarat Chand Chatterjee
- Name the official paper of the Government of India on particular issues?
(a) White Paper (b) Yellow Book
(c) Orange Book (d) Grey Book
- ‘Orange Book’ is an official publication of
(a) Netherland (b) Belgium
(c) Iran (d) Portugal
- ‘Kangaroo’ is the National symbol of which of the following country?
(a) Australia (b) Ireland
(c) Sri Lanka (d) Spain
- Headquarter of United Nation is located in
(a) New York (b) Geneva
(c) Rome (d) Nairobi
- Headquarter of World Health Organisation is located in
(a) London (b) Kathmandu
(c) New York (d) Geneva
- FAO is the abbreviation of
(a) Fibre and Agricultural Organisation
(b) Food and Agricultural Organisation
(c) Free Arbitration Organisation
(d) Free and Allowed Open Software
- Which one of the following days is observed as the World Environment Day?
(a) 28th February (b) 4th March
(c) 5th June (d) 16th September
- Which among the following is India’s highest civilian awards?
(a) Param Vir Chakra (b) Bharat Ratna
(c) Padma Vibhushan (d) Padma Shri
- Which state gives Mewar Award?
(a) Haryana (b) Delhi
(c) Punjab (d) Rajasthan
- How many spokes are there in ‘Ashok Chakra’?
(a) 20 (b) 22 (c) 24 (d)25
- Bharat Ratna Award was first awarded in a
(a) 1920 (b) 1940 (c) 1950 (d) 1954
- The first recipient of Bharat Ratna was
(a) CV Raman (b) Rajgopalachari
(c) S. Radhakrishnan (d) All of these
- Padma Vibhushan is the…………. highest National award.
(a) first (b) second (c) third (d) fourth
- Who was not the first awardee of Padma Vibhushan in 1954?
(a) Nandlal Bose (b) Zakir Hussain
(c) VK Krishna Menon (d) Abul Kalam Azad
- Param Vir Chakra medal is made of
(a) silver (b) gold (c) bronze (d) steel
- Who was the first recipient of Param Vir Chakra?
(a) Somnath Sharma (b) Prashan Goyal
(c) MN Singh (d) Ramsunder Das
- Which is the highest Military award during peace time?
(a) Ashok Chakra (b) Kirti Chakra
(c) Shaurya Chakra (d) None of these
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award was instituted in
(a) 1960-61 (b) 1970-71
(c) 1980-81 (d) 1991-92
- Arjuna Award is given to
(a) Outstanding sportspersons
- The first recipient of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award was
(a) K Malleshwari (b) Viswanathan Anand
(c) Aparna Ghosh (d) Salim Durrani
- The first recipient of Dhyan chand lifetime Achievement Award das
(a) Aparna Ghosh (b) Mahavir Singh
(c) A Srinivas Rao (d) Clarence Lobo
- Maximum Number of Jnanpith Awards are given to which language?
(a) Hindi (b) English
(c) Bengali (d) Malyalam
- Which is the highest gallantry award in India?
(a) Param Vishisht Seva Medal
(b) Param Vir Chakra
(c) Kirti Chakra
(d) Vir Chakra
- For outstanding contribution to which one of the following fields is Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar Prize given?
(a) Literature (b) Performing Arts
(c) Science (d) Social Service
- The Nobel Prize is not given in the field of
(a) Literature (b) Economics
(c) Chemistry (d) Mathematics
- Which is the highest literary award of the world?
(a) Nobel Prize (b) Booker Prize
(c) Pulitzer Prize (d) Magsaysay Award
- Who is the first Asian winner of Nobel Prize?
(a) CV Raman
(b) Rajiv Gandhi
(c) Rabindranath Tagore
(d) Mother Teresa
- Nobel Prize winner Amartya Sen is known for his work in
(a) Physics (b) Chemistry
(c) Medicine (d) Economics
- Pulitzer Prize is awarded for outstanding work in the field of
(a) Science and Technology
(b) Environmental Studies
(c) Literature and Journalism
(d) International Understanding
AFCAT General Knowledge Questions Answers:
1 (d) 2 (a) 3 (c) 4 (b) 5 (b) 6 (c) 7 (a) 8 (b) 9 (c) 10 (b) 11 (c) 12 (a) 13 (b) 14 (a) 15 (d) 16 (c) 17 (a) 18 (b) 19 (a) 20 (b) 21 (b) 22 (b) 23 (b) 24 (c) 25 (a) 26 (a) 27 (c) 28 (a) 29 (a) 30 (a) 31 (d) 32 (d) 33 (b) 34 (c) 35 (c) 36 (b) 37 (a) 38 (c) 39 (c) 40 (a) 41 (d) 42 (b) 43 (b) 44 (a) 45 (c) 46 (d) 47 (c) 48 (a) 49 (b) 50 (a) 51 (b) 52 (a) 53 (b) 54 (a) 55 (c) 56 (a) 57 (b) 58 (c) 59 (a) 60 (b) 61 (b) 62 (c) 63 (b) 64 (a) 65 (a) 66 (d) 67 (a) 68 (c) 69 (b) 70 (a) 71 (a) 72 (a) 73 (a) 74 (a) 75 (a) 76 (d) 77 (b) 78 (c) 79 (b) 80 (d) 81 (c) 82 (d) 83 (d) 84 (b) 85 (d) 86 (c) 87 (a) 88 (a) 89 (d) 90 (a) 91 (b) 92 (a) 93 (a) 94 (b) 95 (c) 96 (d) 97 (b) 98 (c) 99 (d) 100 (c)
Other AFCAT Study materials you may like :
- A New Approach to Reasoning by Arihant PDF Download
- AFCAT Synonyms and Antonyms Practice Questions with Answers 2023
- AFCAT Sentence Completion Practice Questions with Answers 2023
- AFCAT Cloze Test Practice Questions with Answers 2023
- AFCAT Vocabulary Questions for Practice with Answers 2023
- AFCAT Error Detection Question For Practice with Answers 2023
- Top 150+ Idioms and Phrases for AFCAT PDF Download 2023
- Practice Important Idioms and Phrases for AFCAT with Answers 2023
- Reading Comprehension Practice For AFCAT with Answers 2023
- Lucent GK Book PDF Download Free 2023 [Hindi & English]
- afcat gk questions
- general awareness for afcat
- afcat general knowledge
- general knowledge for afcat exam
- afcat general awareness pdf
- general knowledge for afcat
- general awareness questions for afcat
- general awareness for afcat pdf
- general awareness afcat
- general awareness for afcat exam
- afcat general knowledge pdf
- general knowledge questions for afcat
- general knowledge questions for afcat exam