Looking for AFCAT General awareness geography objective questions with answer, then in this blog you will get some important AFCAT general awareness geography MCQs with answer below.
When anyone starts preparing for AFCAT Or any other defense exam like NDA, CDS they look for section-wise & subject-wise questions to practice as well as understanding the level of questions and type of questions that they will face in the exam. So that they can prepare accordingly and work more on their weak areas.
To solve this problem of students, we have provided here important AFCAT General awareness geography quiz with answers below which is prepared by expert teachers as per the exam pattern and previous year questions paper of AFCAT.
When we look at the previous year questions paper of AFCAT. We find that in AFCAT, every year 2 to 3 questions are asked in geography. In geography questions were mainly asked from topics such as World Geography (Latitude, Eclipse, Continents, Atmospheric Layers); Indian Geography (Mountain, Rivers, Soils, Crop Production); Ecology and Environment (Pollution, National park) etc.
To solve these questions, one need to build good command in general awareness geography, and practice as many questions as they can. To help you in practicing questions, below are some of the important AFCAT Geography questions along with their answers at the end.
AFCAT Geography questions with answers :
The answer of the questions is given at the end, from where you can check your answers.
- Which latitude passes through Australian continent?
(a) Tropic of Cancer (b) Tropic of Capricorn
(c) Equator (d) Prime meridian
- Ozone layer depletion is due to which gas?
(a) Carbon dioxide (b) Methane
(c) Sulphur dioxide (d) Chlorofluorocarbons
- Which of the following Desert is not located in Asian Continent?
(a) Sahara Desert (b) Gobi Desert
(c) Thar Desert (d) Taklamakan Desert
- Which lines run parallel to the equator?
(a) Prime Meridian (b) Latitudes
(c) Tropic of Cancer (d) Tropic of Capricorn
- Gobi Desert is located in which country?
(a) Russia (b) UAE
(c) China (d) India
- Kakrapar Dam is situated on which river?
(a) Narmada (b) Tapi
(c) Sabarmati (d) Mahi
- Mahendragiri hills are located in which state?
(a) Maharashtra (b) Kerala
(c) Karnataka (d) Odisha
- India receives maximum rainfall due to which monsoon?
(a) South-West Monsoon (b) Western Disturbance
(c) North-East Monsoon (d) Retreat Monsoon
- Which of the following continent has longest coast line?
(a) Africa (b) Australia
(c) Asia (d) South America
- Ozone layer is found in which of the following layer of atmosphere?
(a) Stratosphere (b) Thermosphere
(c) Troposphere (d) Mesosphere
- Which of the following country is the largest producer of rice in the world?
(a) India (b) China (c) Indonesia (d) Brazil
- India receives maximum rainfall in
(a) Guwahati (b) Dispur
(c) Mawsynram (d) Amboli
- Where is Radcliffe line?
(a) Between India and China
(b) Between India and Pakistan
(c) Between India and Afghanistan
(d) Between India and Bangladesh
- What is biome?
(a) A large naturally occurring community of flora and fauna.
(b) A large naturally occurring community of flora
(c) A large artificially occurring community of flora and fauna
(d) An artificially occurring community of fauna
- Where is Indira point located?
(a) North Andaman Island (b) Little Nicobar Island
(c) Great Nicobar Island (d) Car Nicobar Island
- The mountain Mont Blanc is situated in?
(a) Russia (b) Italy
(c) Spain (d) Greece
- Which of the following is/are the characteristics of coal?
(a) Inhomogeneous, inorganic fuel, renewable energy resource
(b) Black in colour, organic fuel, homogeneous, non-renewable energy source
(c) Homogeneous, inorganic fuel, renewable energy source
(d) Black in colour, inhomogeneous, inorganic fuel
- Which of the following Island divided Russia and Japan?
(a) Senkaku Island (b) Sakhalin Island
(c) Kuril Island (d) Shikoku Island
- Which strait is the entry point into the Mediterranean sea?
(a) Gilbraltar strait (b) Magellan strait
(c) Hormuz strait (d) Malacca strait
- What is the degree of Tropic of Cancer?
(a) 66.5° North (b) 23.5° South
(c) 66.5° South (d) 23.5° North
- How many countries are there in Asian continents?
(a) 50 (b) 45
(c) 48 (d) 46
- How many states of India are passes through Tropic of Cancer?
(a) 8 (b) 10
(c) 9 (d) 7
- Salal project is built on which river?
(a) Jhelam (b) Sutlej
(c) Ravi (d) Chenab
- Guwahati is situated on which of the following river bank?
(a) Lohit River (b) Brahmaputra River
(c) Barak River (d) Teesta River
- The Cauvery River water dispute is between
(a) Tamil Nadu and Kerala
(b) Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh
(c) Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
(d) Karnataka and Kerala
- Due to the presence of ions in this layer, radio waves are reflected back to the Earth.
(a) Troposphere (b) Stratosphere
(c) Mesosphere (d) None of these
- Gas released during Bhopal tragedy was
(a) sodium isothiocyanate (b) ethyl isothiocyanate
(c) potassium isothiocyanate (d) methyl isothiocyanate
- Cadmium pollution is associated with
(a) minamata disease (b) black foot disease
(c) dyslexia (d) itai-itai
- The largest Oil Field of Gujarat is in
(a) Senand (b) Kadi
(c) Ankleshwar (d) Kalol
- Which of the following soils is most conducive of the growth of cotton?
(a) Alluvial (b) Red
(c) Laterite (d) Black
- Artificial rain is produced by seeding clouds with
(a) Silver Iodide (b) Potassium Nitrate
(c) Copper Sulphate (d) Silver Nitrate
- Which of the following parts of India receives rainfall from retreating monsoon?
(a) North East India (b) Tamil Nadu Coast
(c) Mahandai Delta (d) Malabar Coast
- Which one of the following best explains the occurrence of the solar eclipse?
(a) Position of the Moon between Sun and Earth
(b) Position of the Moon between Sun and Earth on a new Moon
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) None of the above
- Lines joining places of equal temperature are called
(a) isotherms (b) isohyets
(c) isomers (d) isobars
- In which atmospheric layer are the communication satellites located?
(a) Stratosphere (b) Ionosphere
(c) Troposphere (d) Mesosphere
AFCAT Geography questions answers :
1 (b) 2 (d) 3 (a) 4 (b) 5 (c) 6 (b) 7 (d) 8 (a) 9 (c) 10 (a) 11 (b) 12 (c) 13 (b) 14 (a) 15 (c) 16 (b) 17 (d) 18 (c) 19 (a) 20 (d) 21 (c) 22 (a) 23 (d) 24 (b) 25 (c) 26 (d) 27 (d) 28 (d) 29 (c) 30 (d) 31 (a) 32 (b) 33 (b) 34 (a) 35 (b)
Search keywords and tags :
- afcat geography questions with answers
- cds geography questions
- nda geography questions with answers
- nda geography mock test
- nda geography questions with answers pdf
- geography for afcat
- cds geography previous year questions pdf
- nda geography notes pdf