Are you looking for AFCAT-1 & 2 syllabus , exam pattern and selection procedure ? AFCAT exam is conducted twice a year named as AFCAT-1 & AFCAT-2 and alot of aspirant look for its syllabus , selection procedure and exam pattern so that they can prepare themselves to qualify the exam .
In this blog we have provided the detailed syllabus of AFCAT exam prepared by expert by analyzing the previous year question paper of AFCAT . You will also know regarding AFCAT exam pattern and selection procedure by CDAC to prepare final merit list . AFCAT exam is conducted for NON-Technical branch and in this blog we are going to discuss regarding this only. Candidates who have applied for Ground Duty Technical Branch will be asked to appear for EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test).
Table of Contents
- 1 AFCAT Exam pattern 2023:
- 2 AFCAT Sectionwise detailed syllabus :
- 3 AFCAT selection procedure :
- 4 Study materials you may like :
- 5 Search keywords and tags :
AFCAT Exam pattern 2023:
AFCAT exam is for every candidate who are willing to join Indian Air Force as Commissioned Officer in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical) but for technical branch candidate need to appear for EKT also .
The AFCAT Question Paper will have 100 questions. All questions will be of three marks each. For every correct answer the candidate will get three marks and for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted under negative marking. The total time allotted for the paper is two hours.
The section needed to covered for AFCAT and their syllabus overview are as follow :
- General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics, etc.
- Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- Numerical Ability –Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit and loss, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion and Simple interest.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
AFCAT Sectionwise detailed syllabus :
As we have told you above that AFCAT question paper is divided into 4 section and details of their syllabus chapterwise is given below :
AFCAT General Awareness syllabus :
- History of India
- Indian Polity
- General Knowledge
- General Science
AFCAT Verbal Ability in English syllabus :
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion/Filling of Correct Word
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Idioms and Phrases
- Test of Vocabulary
- Cloze Passage
AFCAT Numerical Ability syllabus :
- Number System
- Profit and Loss
- Fraction and Simplification
- HCF and LCM
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Area and Perimeter
- Time and Distance
- Mixture and Alligation
AFCAT Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test syllabus :
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Coding and Decoding
- Direction Sense Test
- Clock and Calendar
- Statement and Conclusions/Inferences
- Statement and Assumptions
- Figure Analogy
- Figure Classification
- Figure Series
- Cube and Dice
- Figure Coding
- Figure Completion
- Embedded Figures
- Dot Situation
AFCAT selection procedure :
Selection will be done on the basis of Written Test, SSB and Medical Detailed Information about Written Test and SSB Interview and Medical Examination have been given below.
1) AFCAT Written Test :
AFCAT conduct a written test which consist of 4 section and a total 100 question which carry 3 marks each , total of 300 marks . Candidates who are willing to join Indian airforce for ground technical duty need to give EKT test also which consist 50 questions from Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, and Computer Science topics as per the level of AFCAT education qualification eligibility .
2) AFCAT AFSB Interview PROCEDURE :
If you have successfully cleared Step 1, you will receive a Call letter to report to any one of the Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun, Varanasi, Gandhinagar, Mysore and Kancharapara. At the Air Force Selection Board (AFSB), you undergo following tests similar to NDA SSB interview test in order to ascertain your suitability and gauge your potential as an Officer in the Indian Air Force.
The following is the schedule for OLQ Tests ( 5 days ssb interview procedure ):
|No. of Days||Details|
|DAY-1||Phase I testing – Officers Intelligence Rating Test & Picture Perception and Discussion Test|
|DAY-2||CPSS / PABT* (for Flying Branch) followed by Psychological Test|
|DAY-3||Group tests / Interview|
|DAY-4||Group tests / Interview|
|DAY-5||Group tests / Interview|
|DAY-6||Group tests / Interview / Conference|
AFSB Interview STAGE I TEST :
It includes Officer Intelligence Rating Test , Picture perception and Discussion Test . Remember Stage I is a screening test. Those who qualify Stage I are eligible to undergo Stage II testing. Stage I disqualified candidates are routed back after announcement of results.
AFSB Interview Stage-2 test :
All Stage I qualified candidates undergo following tests as part of Stage II testing during next three to four days .
- Psychological Tests are written tests that are conducted by a Psychologist.
- Interview involves a personal conversation with an Interviewing Officer.
- Group Tests are interactive indoor and outdoor activities which are a combination of mental and physical work.
These tests will be explained to you in detail before they are conducted at the Selection Board. At the Conference held on the last day, all the Assessors i.e. the Psychologist, Ground Testing Officer and the Interviewing Officer, discuss your personality and decide on whether to recommend you or not. Those recommended by the AFSBs will be required to fill up certain documents at the Boards and subsequently move to the next step.
AFSB Interview stage-3 Medical Examination :
If you are recommended by the Selection Board, you will be sent for the medical examination either at Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), New Delhi or Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru.
AFSB Interview stage-4 Merit list :
An All India Merit List is compiled on the basis of your performance in the written test and AFSB interview, subject to being medically fit. Based on the vacancies available in various branches / sub branches, joining instructions are issued to join one of the Training establishments.
Study materials you may like :
- A New Approach to Reasoning by Arihant PDF Download
- AFCAT Synonyms and Antonyms Practice Questions with Answers 2023
- AFCAT Sentence Completion Practice Questions with Answers 2023
- AFCAT Cloze Test Practice Questions with Answers 2023
- AFCAT Vocabulary Questions for Practice with Answers 2023
- AFCAT Error Detection Question For Practice with Answers 2023
- Top 150+ Idioms and Phrases for AFCAT PDF Download 2023
- Practice Important Idioms and Phrases for AFCAT with Answers 2023
- Reading Comprehension Practice For AFCAT with Answers 2023
- Lucent GK Book PDF Download Free 2023 [Hindi & English]
What is ssb Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) in AFCAT ?
Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) is a unique test. It is aimed at assessing a candidate’s aptitude to be trained as a pilot. PABT is being used as an independent selection device to induct potential officers into Flying Branch of Indian Air Force. PABT comprises three tests viz Instrument Battery Test (INSB), Sensory Motor Apparatus Test (SMA) and Control Velocity Test (CVT).
What is SSB Instrument Battery Test (INSB) in AFCAT ?
Instrument Battery Test (INSB) is a paper pencil test and other two are machine tests. The Instruments Battery Test (INSB) comprises two parts. This test assesses assimilation of the briefing and the ability of an individual to read and interpret the dials of an instrument panel of an aircraft. The candidates who score the minimum laid down criteria are subjected to the machine test. The machine test includes Sensory Motor Apparatus Test (SMA) and Control Velocity Test (CVT). These tests measure the psychomotor co-ordination skill of the individual. These tests are conducted on a single day and administered only once in life time.
- afcat selection process for ground duty
- afcat eligibility
- salary after clearing afcat exam
- afcat selection process 2022
- afcat sectionwise syllabus
- afsb selection process
- afcat exam pattern
- afcat syllabus