Here you will get the SSB OIR ( Officer intelligence rating ) test verbal reasoning questions along with their answer so that you can use them to practice for your Screening test in SSB interview . A lot of candidates look for study materials and guide for SSB interview round after qualifying the written examination of NDA or CDS to practice and get some advantages over other aspirant .
In this blog we have provided SSB day-1 OIR screening test verbal reasoning section important objective questions and their answer prepared by expert faculty of teachers as per the questions asked in your SSB interview to help candidates to practice and understanding the the type of questions and level of questions asked in the test .
Table of Contents
Ssb oir verbal reasoning Questions for Defence Exam
Verbal reasoning is the understanding and reasoning concept framed in words. It most specifically refers to more complex thinking tasks, such as analysis, synthesis and evaluation of text. It aims at evaluating ability to think logically and constructively.
In verbal intelligence test a series of question is provided, candidate has to understand the pattern and pick the correct answer. The number of questions are generally 40-50 and time given to candidates to solve them, is 25-35 min. There is no negative marking, so try to attempt as many questions as possible.
Below are the questions of oir test verbal reasoning for your practice and the answer of the questions is provided at the end .
Directions (Q. Nos. 1-5) Study the following information and answer the questions given below.
(i) P, Q, R, S, T, U and V are sitting in a circle facing at the centre and playing cards.
(ii) T is neighbour of P and S.
(iii) V is not between U and R.
(iv) U is to the immediate right of P.
- Which of the following pairs has the second person sitting to the immediate right of the first?
(a) PQ (b) RQ (c) TP (d) SV
- Which of the following does not have the pair of persons sitting adjacent to each other?
(a) QP (b) RQ (c) ST (d) VS
- What is the position of U?
(a) Third to the left of R (b) Second to the right of R
(c) To the immediate left of Q (d) None of these
- Who are the neighbours of Q?
(a) P and U (b) R and U
(c) R and T (d) P and S
- Which of the following persons are sitting adjacent to each other from left to right in order as shown?
(a) QVR (b) UQR
(c) RSV (d) TSR
Directions (Q.Nos. 6-10) Select the one which is different from the other responses.
- While travelling in a train, you observe some college students pulling the alarm chain simply to get down at their desired point. You would
(a) let them pull the chain but check them from detraining
(b) inform the guard of the train as soon as it stops
(c) keep quiet and do nothing
(d) with the help of some passengers, stop them from doing so
- Your boss has given you some urgent assignment at the end hour. What would you do?
(a) Tell him that you would do it next day
(b) Request one of your colleagues to help you
(c) Try to finish the job as per its requirement
(d) Request him to shift assignment to another employee as you can not complete the project in haste
- In public dealing jobs, one must be
(a) a good listener (b) quick at decision making
(c) polite and humble (d) punctual
- You have mild fever, you feel that
(a) health is more important than work
(b) it is not necessary to attend office
(c) it is necessary to join work just to complete the urgent work
(d) None of the above
- Your subordinate accidentally spills soft drinks on you in a party. You
(a) spoil his dress too (b) snub him
(c) laugh it off (d) say it’s ‘ok’
- Choose the odd numeral pair/group.
(a) 2 : 4 (b) 4 : 8 (c) 6 : 12 (d) 8 : 32
- If ‘Clock’ is called ‘TV’, ‘TV’ is called ‘Cell phone’, ‘Cell phone’ is called ‘Oven’, ‘Oven’ is called ‘Choper’, ‘Choper’ is called ‘Grinder’, in what will a lady bake?
(a) Cell phone (b) Choper
(c) Oven (d) Grinder
- Pointing to a photograph, a woman says, “This man’s son’s sister is my mother- in-law”. How is the woman’s husband related to the man in the photograph?
(a) Son (b) Grandson (c) Son-in-law (d) Nephew
- Preeti is taller than Sarika but not taller than Prerna. Prerna and Tanya are of the same height. Preeti is shorter than Aaradhya. Among all the girls, who is the shortest?
(a) Aaradhya (b) Prerna and Tanya
(c) Sarika (d) Cannot be determined
- The position of how many digits will remain same after the digits within the number 4719586 are arranged in ascending order?
(a) None (b) One (c) Two (d) Three
- How many such pairs of letters are there in the word ELEPHANT each of which has as many letters between them as there are in English alphabet?
(a) None (b) One (c) Two (d) Three
- If Q means ‘add to’, J means ‘multiply by’, T means ‘subtract from’ and K means ‘divide by’, then 30 K 2 Q 3 J 6 T 5 = ?
(a) 18 (b) 35 (c) 28 (d) 103
- In a certain code language, ‘493’ means ‘friendship big challenge’, ‘961’ means ‘struggle big exam’ and ‘178’ means ‘exam confidential subject’. Then, what does ‘confidential’ stand for?
(a) 7 or 8 (b) 7 or 9 (c) 8 (d) 8 or 1
- ‘Parliament’ is related to ‘Great Britain’, in the same way as ‘Congress’ is related to
(a) Japan (b) India (c) USA (d) Netherlands
- ‘Pardon’ is related to ‘Penalty’, in the same way ‘Definitely’ is related to
(a) Actually (b) Urgently (c) Positively (d) Probably
- In a certain code, CONSIDER is written as RMNBSFEJ. How is CHLORINE written in that code?
(a) NKGBEOJS (b) NKHBFOJS (c) NKGBFNJS (d) NKGBFOJS
- Vijay started walking towards South. After walking 15 m, he turned to the left and walked 15 m. He again turned to his left and walked 15 m. How far is he from his original position and in which direction?
(a) 30 m, East (b) 15 m, East
(c) 15 m, South (d) 15 m, North
- If ‘+’ means ‘÷’, ‘÷’ means ‘×’, ‘×’ means ‘−’ and ‘−’ means ‘+’, then 24 6 2 3 4 + × ÷ − = ?
(a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 2 (d) 7
- Seema travels a distance of 5 km from a place ‘A’ towards North, turns left and walks 3 km, again turns right and walks 2 km, finally turns right and walks 3 km to reach the place B. What is the distance between A and B?
(a) 13 km (b) 7 km (c) 3 km (d) 10 km
- BEST is written as VYMN, then DTCP may be written as
(a) XMWJ (b) XNWL (c) XNWJ (d) WNVJ
- Select the word that is opposite in meaning to the main word: AGONY
(a) Bliss (b) Pleasure (c) Laughter (d) Ecstasy
- Select the most suitable alternative to fill in the blank in the sentence to make it meaningful.
When the morning ………… the murder was discovered.
(a) occured (b) came (c) arrived (d) happened
- B is to the South-West of A, C is to the East of B and South-East of A and D is to the North of C in line with B and A. In which direction of A is D located?
(a) North (b) East (c) North-East (d) South-East
- ‘Sailor’ is related to ‘Ship’, in the same way as ‘Lawyer’ is related to
(a) Legal (b) Law (c) Court (d) Ruling
- Find out the one that does not belong to the group.
(a) ZYW (b) SQN (c) GEB (d) JHE
- ‘Shoes’ is related to ‘Leather’, in the same way as ‘Rubber is related to
(a) Plastic (b) Latex (c) Polythene (d) Footwear
- In a code language CIRCLE is coded as XRIXOV, how would you code SQUARE in the same language?
(a) HJFZIV (b) HJFZIX (c) HJFZVI (d) HJFZLX
- Ramesh is taller than Arjun, who is not as tall as Karan. Sanjay is taller than Archit but shorter than Arjun. Who among them is the tallest?
(a) Ramesh (b) Arjun
(c) Archit (d) Cannot be determined
- A person starts towards South direction. Which of the following orders of directions will lead him to East direction?
(a) Right, right, right (b) Left, left, left (c) Left, right, right (d) Right, left, right
- How many sets of two letters have as many letters between them as they have in the alphabetical order in the word ‘Prudent’?
(a) None (b) 1 (c) 2 (d) 3
Directions (Q.Nos. 36-38) Answer the following questions based on the symbol/letter/number sequence is : 5 % U D F 3 2 ! 9 8 S O 0 & Q 1 G @ ≠ 7 6 B X Y
- How many letters are there in the above arrangement which are immediately preceded by a number and immediately followed by a symbol?
(a) Nil (b) One (c) Two (d) Three
- How many symbols in the sequence are either immediately preceded by a letter belonging to the second half of the English alphabet or are immediately followed by a number greater than 5?
(a) One (b) Two (c) Three (d) None
- U! is related to Y @, in the same way as D% is related to
(a) X7 (b) [email protected] (c) 58 (d) DG
- A man walks 30 m towards South. Then, turning to his right, he walks 30 m. Then, turning to his left, he walks 20 m. Again, he turns to his left and walks 30 m. How far is he from his initial position?
(a) 50 m (b) 30 m (c) 60 m (d) 40 m
- If the letters in the word UNDERTAKING are arranged in the alphabetical order, which one will be in the middle in order after the rearrangement?
(a) G (b) K (c) I (d) N
- If the day after tomorrow is Saturday, what day was two days before yesterday?
(a) Saturday (b) Tuesday (c) Monday (d) Sunday
- If wrongly accused of something, you would
(a) try to convince others, but without any hope of doing so
(b) try your best to convince others
(c) not even try, as it would be of no use
(d) be able to convince others of your innocence easily
- Milk always contains
(a) sugar (b) fats (c) calcium (d) water
- A man always has
(a) teeth (b) eyes (c) hands (d) heart
- In a certain code, STOVE is written as FNBLK, then how will VOTES be written in the same code?
(a) LBKFN (b) LBNKF
(c) LKNBF (d) LNKBF
SSB OIR verbal reasoning answer key :
1.(c) 2. (a) 3. (c) 4. (b) 5. (b) 6. (d) 7. (c) 8. (a) 9. (c) 10. (d) 11. (d) 12. (b) 13. (b) 14. (c) 15. (b) 16. (b) 17. (c) 18. (a) 19. (c) 20. (d) 21. (d) 22. (b) 23. (c) 24. (b) 25. (c) 26. (b) 27. (a) 28. (c) 29. (c) 30. (a) 31. (b) 32. (a) 33. (d) 34. (a) 35. (c) 36. (b) 37. (b) 38. (a) 39. (a) 40. (b) 41. (c) 42. (b) 43. (c) 44. (d) 45. (b)
You may also like other SSB interview materials :
- Complete Guide for (TAT) Thematic Apperception Test in SSB 2022
- 150 WAT words Asked in SSB interview you must practice 2022
- OIR test in SSB complete guide , syllabus , question pattern and more
- SSB OIR verbal reasoning Question with answers 2022
- 60 SRT question for SSB Interview practice 2022
- What is SRT SSB ? | what is Situation Reaction Test (SRT) in SSB interview?
- PPDT tips and tricks , Solution, sample pictures for SSB interview
- ssb oir questions pdf
- ssb verbal reasoning pdf
- ssb oir test series
- oir test
- 20 practice sets for oir test ebook free download
- oir test questions with answers
- ssb mock test