In this article you will know about CDS eligibility for female in terms of nationality, age limit , educational qualification , height , weight & medical standard and many more . Female are only eligible for cds ota exam , whose eligibility criteria is provided here which every aspirant must check before starting actual preparation of exam .
According to CDS guidelines, female candidates can apply only for OTA while male candidates can apply for any post of CDS Examination . women candidates are eligible for the exam for Officer’s Training post and non-technical posts as specified by the CDS exam eligibility details.
Table of Contents
Overview of CDS OTA exam eligibility for female:
We have divided the CDS eligibility criteria of female in term of nationality , age limit, martial status , educational qualification , physical and medical standards . So you can choose which criteria you are looking for :-
CDA Nationality Eligibility Criteria for Female:
Nationality requirements of CDS for female & male are :
- A Citizen of India,
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1962 intending to permanently settle in India,
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam intending to permanently settle in India.
- Candidates under points 2, 3, 4, and 5 must have a certificate or proof issued by the Indian Government in favor of their statement.
- Candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal are not required to show any kind of certificate of CDS eligibility.
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of CDS eligibility 2022 is necessary may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before the declaration of result by UPSC.
CDS OTA Age Limit for Female
Since female are only eligible for CDS OTA(Officers’ Training Academy) exam so we are giving the age limit for that only . So age limit of CDS OTA for female is 19-25 years .
Some of points you must remember for age limit criteria like date of birth found in your Matriculation/Secondary School Examination Certificate or a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or any equivalent examination certificate will be valid in CDS OTA exam . No other documents will be accepted.
After qualifying the exam in verification stage if the date of birth entered by you is found incorrect or you didn’t match with your marksheet disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the rules.
CDS OTA Female Marital Status Eligibility:
Only Unmarried single female are eligible, issuless widows who have not remarried, and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.
CDS Educational Qualification Eligibility Criteria for Female
As mentioned above, candidates appearing for the CDS 2022 exam must have completed their Graduation or at least be appearing for the final exam of the degree.
- Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester degree course are required to submit the authentic certificate of passing the degree issued by the University/College at the time of the SSB interview. The certificate of the Degree should contain the date of issue and the date of issue must be before the specified date declared by UPSC. Otherwise, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination
CDS physical Eligibility for Female:
The physical eligibility involves the criteria of height , weight , medical and eye sight which a aspirant need to be qualify in order to be selected in CDS OTA . Those female who met the requirement of height , weight are eligible for CDS OTA exam . The details of Physical eligibility are given below
CDS Eligibility for Female Height:
Women need to have a minimum height of 148 cm in order to qualify for CDS OTA but in case if you aspirant belongs to Gorkhas and hills of the North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In the case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
Some other physical requirement are :
- Body Mass Index should be below 25.
- The waist Hip ratio should be below 0.8 for females in order to eligible for CDS OTA.
- Waist Circumference should be less than 90 cm for males and 80 cm for females.
- All biochemical metabolic parameters should be within normal limits.
CDS Height and Weight Standards- Female Candidates
The age-specific height and weight requirements for the female candidates to work in OTA are listed below.
|Height in Centimetres (Without shoes)||Weights (Kgs)|
|–||18 years||20 years||30 years|
Eyesight for CDS OTA Female:
UPSC has specified three types of visual standards for all females for OTA :
- Vision(corrected) better eye 6/6, worse eye 6/12
- Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 D
- Manifest hypermetropia should be less than plus 3.5 D including Astigmatism.
CDS Eligibility for female conclusion
The summary of this post regarding the eligibility of female for CDS is given in the table below :
|CDS Female Eligibility criteria||Requirement|
|Age limit||19-25 years|
/widows who have not remarried
/divorcees who have not remarried
|Educational Qualification||Graduation or at least be appearing for the final exam of the degree|
|CDS female height||minimum height of 148 cm|
|Weight||39-54 kg depending upon age and height|
|eyesight||Vision(corrected) better eye 6/6, worse eye 6/12|
|CDS exam for which female are allowed||officers training academy (OTA)|
What is OTA in CDS?
OTA stands for officers training academy exam in CDS . OTA in CDS is applicable for both males and females. The regular CDS exam is only for men who wish to serve in the Indian Army, Indian Navy or the Indian Air Force.The service through OTA is called short service commission as they are allowed to stay in service only up to 10-14 years. If the candidate wants to have more than 14 years of commission, they will have to apply for a permanent commission. The request for PC will be granted if the candidate is worthy of holding the service for a longer period of time. The examination pattern for CDS and CDS OTA is different too. The CDS exam has three parts whereas the CDS OTA exam has only two parts. The CDS OTA exam has only two parts.
what is age limit of female in CDS OTA ?
Age limit of CDS OTA for female is 19-25 years .
What is education qualification required for CDS OTA For female ?
Female appearing for the CDS OTA exam must have completed their Graduation or at least be appearing for the final exam of the degree.
What is minimum height required for Female in CDS OTA ?
Female need to have a minimum height of 148 cm in order to qualify for CDS OTA but in case if you aspirant belongs to Gorkhas and hills of the North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In the case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
You can also check :
- Lucent Computer Book PDF Download Free
- CDS Exam Previous Year Papers with Solution PDF Download [2023-2017]
- 100 Golden Rules of Error Detection and Sentence Improvement
- Lucent General Science PDF Download In Hindi And English 2023
- Lucent General English PDF Download 2023 | Lucent English Grammar
- 2000+ Monthly Current Affairs PDF [Hindi – English]
- Arihant CDS Pathfinder PDF Download 2023
- CDS Study Material 2023 | CDS Study Material PDF Free Download
- Lucent GK Book PDF 2023 in English & Hindi
- Practice Sentence Improvement Questions for CDS with Answers 2023
Search Keywords and Tags:
- cds eligibility for female height
- cds physical eligibility for female
- cds eligibility for female ota
- cds eligibility for female 2022
- cds syllabus
- cds eligibility for female height and weight
- cds eligibility for female age