check here the NDA eligibility criteria for female in terms of age, educational qualification, nationality, and physical standards in order to be eligible for the NDA exam. Look NDA exam eligibility criteria for female candidates in details.
National defence academy ( NDA) exam is one of the most prestigious defence entrance exam in India. NDA exam is conducted for the recruitment of candidate in Indian army, Navy ,Air force Wings of NDA and Indian naval academy course ( INAC) . NDA is conducted twice every year by UPSC in two stages one is written exam while the other is SSB interview . You need to qualify the written exam first in order to give SSB interview . Every year 4-5 lakh candidates appears for written exam out of which only 6000 candidates are called for SSB interview .
Union Public Service Commission conducts NDA exam twice a year-April and September to select male and female candidates . From year 2021 females candidate are also allowed to join NDA after qualifying the written test and SSB interview round .
Table of Contents
- 1 Female Eligibility criteria of NDA :
- 2 NDA Eligibility criteria for Girls :
- 3 Female Height & Weight Standard by NDA for Army and Air Force :
- 4 NDA study materials you may like :
- 5 Girl Height and Weight requirements for Navy by NDA :
- 6 NDA Female Medical Requirements for Visual Standards :
- 7 Guidelines Regarding Tattoos :
- 8 Search keywords and tags :
Female Eligibility criteria of NDA :
The basic nationality criteria for girls willing to join NDA, To apply for NDA, candidates must be
- 1) A citizen of India or
- 2) A subject of Nepal or
- 3) A subject of Bhutan or
- 4) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- 5) A person originally Indian who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories 2, 3, 4, and 5 must be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Indian government. A certificate of eligibility is not required for Gorkha candidates from Nepal.
NDA Eligibility criteria for Girls :
The basic eligibility criteria for female for NDA exam is given in the table below :
|criteria for Female||Details|
|Age limit||between 16.5 to 19.5 years|
|Qualification||Passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board ( Must check more details below )|
|height standards||152-157 cm|
|weight standards||44-67 kg|
|Visual Standards||Air Force candidates must not wear spectacles while for Navy and Air Force Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D or Hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D ( check more details below )|
|miscellaneous||Any Permanent body tattoos should not present, & not have any type of serious disease|
More details eligibility criteria for females/girls for NDA exam are :
- The female candidates must be unmarried and her age must be between 16.5 to 19.5 years .
- If you want to go to indian army the you must be Passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board .
- If the candidate wanted to join NAVY or AIR force then he/she must be passed class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics .
- Candidates who are appearing in Class 12 or equivalent examination can apply.
- The minimum height for girls is 152 cms for armed forces . Gorkhas and candidates belonging to Hills of North Eastern region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon will be accepted with a minimum height of 148 cm.
Female Height & Weight Standard by NDA for Army and Air Force :
NDA height prescribed is 157 cms for Female candidates (For Air Force it is 162.5 cms). Certain exceptions are applicable for candidates based on the region from where they belong. NDA height for female ranges from 152-157 cm. You can look at the table below more details regarding height and weight standard for Army and Air Force by NDA for female :
|NDA Height (in cms)||NDA Weight (in kgs)|
|16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
For Gorkhas and candidates belonging to hills of North-Eastern areas of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, the minimum height will be 5 cms less than the figure mentioned above. For candidates belonging to Lakshadweep, the minimum height standard is reduced by 2 cms.
NDA study materials you may like :
- NDA Chemistry Notes PDF Download 2023
- NDA Physics Notes PDF Download 2023
- A New Approach to Reasoning by Arihant PDF Download
- Comprehension Practice For NDA with Answers 2023
- NDA Biology Notes PDF Download 2023
- NDA History Notes PDF Download 2023
- NDA Geography Notes PDF Download 2023
- Lucent GK Book PDF Download Free 2023 [Hindi & English]
- Arihant Pathfinder NDA Book PDF Download Free 2023
- [PDF] Download RS Aggarwal NDA NA Book PDF 2023
In order to be eligible for Navy officer ,the female height and weight standard as per NDA official is as follow :
|NDA Height (In cms)||NDA Weight (in kgs)|
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
Female Candidates who wish to be pilot need to fulfill the following requirements :
- Leg Length: The minimum of 99 cms and maximum of 120 cms
- Thigh Length: Maximum of 64 cms
- Sitting Height: The minimum of 81.50 cms and maximum is 96 cms
NDA Female Medical Requirements for Visual Standards :
- The distance vision (corrected) of Female candidates should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/9 in the worse eye
- Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D
- Hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D including astigmatism
- Air Force candidates must not wear spectacles
Female Candidates can check below the visual standards for Navy and Air Force.
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5||+2.00 D Sph|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I||Nil|
|Manifest Myopia||N.A.||Nil Re|
|Colour Vision||N.A.||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||N.A.||+0.75 Cyl (within + 2.0 D.Max)|
|Near Vision||N.A.||N-5 each eye|
Female Candidates must not suffer from any of the following minor conditions:
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Hydrocele / Phimosis
- Condition of Overweight / Underweight
- Under Sized Chest
Guidelines Regarding Tattoos :
- Candidates must ensure that any permanent body tattoos should be present only on their inner side of forearm
- Under no circumstances, UPSC accepts tattoos on the inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are also not acceptable
- In case a candidate belongs to a tribe where it is customary to have tattoo, acceptance will be granted considering the traditions involved
|NOTE : – If you need any help regarding your exam, preparation or demand of e-books, video lectures, syllabus etc then let us know 📌 in the Comment Section below.|
What type of medical condition is not accepted in NDA ?
Following are some of the few medical condition which you should not suffering from in order to be eligible for NDA :
There should not be any symptoms of the weak constitution or bodily defects
Candidates must have a well-developed chest
The function of the bones or joints should be good
No history of medical breakdown or fits
Candidates must have normal hearing capabilities
No impediment of speech
Normal blood pressure with no signs of heart disease or blood vessel disease
No liver or spleen enlargement
No abnormalities in urine
No skin diseases
No abnormalities in USG abdomen examination
A sufficient number of natural and sound teeth
Routine ECG for Air Force candidates must fall within normal limits
Are females candidates eligible for NDA exam?
In 2021, Supreme Court has allowed NDA for girls. Now unmarried female candidates between 16.5 to 19.5 years can apply for NDA exam. Earlier, only unmarried male candidates were allowed to appear for the exam. The decision was taken by Supreme Court after a writ petition was filed by Kush Kalra in the Supreme Court to allow women to appear for NDA. The petition also raised objections against the issue of violation of Articles 14, 15, 16, and 19 of the Constitution of India by not allowing the desired female candidates to participate in the NDA Exam.
In response to the same, Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Hrishikesh Roy passed the interim order allowing the female candidates to be a part of the NDA II exam in 2021. The decisions regarding age criteria, nature of training, intake strength, training standards, and medical and physical standards were rested upon the Ministry of Defence. Separate physical infrastructure and residential quarters with strict physical separation will be allotted to female candidates including separate bathroom cubicles, swimming, equitation, games, and sports facilities in National Defence Academy.
I am Class 11, can I apply for NDA exam?
No, you are not eligible to appear in NDA exam. Candidates who have appeared or are appearing in Class 12 are eligible to apply for the NDA exam.
I am a female who migrated from Nepal with an intention to permanently reside in India. Am I eligible for this exam?
Yes, you are eligible for the UPSC NDA exam under Person of Indian Origin (PIO) category.
- nda eligibility for female height
- nda exam age limit for female
- nda physical eligibility
- nda for female candidates 2021
- nda age limit
- can a girl join nda after 12th
- qualification for nda
- nda eligibility 12th percentage