Looking for general knowledge chemistry objective questions for various competitive exam like CDS , NDA , AFCAT , UPSC etc then you are at right place . In this blog you will gk Chemistry objective important question to practice and boost your preparation level of exam . The objective questions of general awareness chemistry is prepared by expert teacher by adding frequently asked chemistry questions in GK paper of various defence level competitive exams .
Table of Contents
Chemistry Objective (Multiple Choice) General Knowledge Questions & Answers
The answer of the objective questions are provided at the ending .
- The flavor of apple is mainly due to which one of the following?
- Nail varnish remover generally contains which one of the following?
(c) Methyl alcohol
- In which categories did Marie Curie win her two different Nobel prizes?
(a) Physics and Chemistry
(b) Chemistry and Medicine
(c) Physics and Medicine
(d) Chemistry and Peace
- ‘Freon’ used as refrigerants is chemically known as
(a) chlorinated hydrocarbon
(b) chlorofluoro hydrocarbon
(c) fluorinated hydrocarbon
(d) fluorinated aromatic compound
- German silver is an alloy of
(a) gold and silver
(b) copper and silver
(c) copper, zinc and silver
(d) copper, zinc and nickel
- The tracking of people by trained dogs is based on the recognition of which of the following
compounds in the sweat from feet?
(b) Uric acid
(d) Carboxylic acids
- Which of the following metals are present in hemoglobin and chlorophyll, respectively?
(a) Fe and Zn
(b) Fe and Mg
(c) Mg and Zn
(d) Zn and Mg
- Which one of the following is involved for desalination of sea water?
(a) Simple osmosis
(b) Reverse osmosis
(c) Use of sodium aluminum silicate as zeolite
(d) Use of ion selective electrodes
- The cleaning of dirty clothes by soaps and detergents is due to a type of molecules called
surfactants, which are present in soaps and detergents. The surfactant molecules remove the
(a) making the cloth slippery
(b) producing some gases between the dirt and the cloth
(c) dissolving the dirt
(d) forming some aggregates of themselves and take away the dirt in the core of the aggregates
- Which one of the following is not a mixture?
(a) Baking soda
(b) Toilet soap
- An α-particle consists of which of the following?
(a) 2 protons and 2 neutrons
(b) 1 proton and 1 electron
(c) 2 protons and 4 neutrons
(d) 1 proton and 1 neutrons
- Which one of the following substances is made from natural raw materials?
- Which one of the following metals is less reactive than hydrogen?
- Consider the following statements
- Nitric acid is used in the production of fertilizers.
- Sulphuric acid is used in the production of explosives.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- What is the purpose of adding baking soda to dough?
(a) To generate moisture
(b) To give a good flavor
(c) To give good color
(d) To generate carbon dioxide
- As which one of the following, does carbon occur in its purest form in nature?
(d) None of These
- What is the Jeweller’s rouge?
(a) Ferric oxide
(b) Ferrous oxide
(c) Ferrous carbonate
(d) Ferric carbonate
- ‘Misch metal’ is widely used in the manufacture of which of the following?
(a) Material of car brake
(b) Cigarette lighters
(c) Smoke detectors
(d) Emergency lights
- What is the pH value of pure water?
- Which one of the following is an element?
- Which one of the following substances is used in the manufacture of safety matches?
(a) Red phosphorus
(b) White phosphorus
(c) Phosphorus trioxide (P203)
(d) Black phosphorus
- Which one of the following is correct? Butter is
(a) a supercooled oil
(b) a gel
(c) a molecular solid
(d) None of these
- Which one of the following is the softest?
- Which one of the following properties changes with valency?
(a) Atomic weight
(b) Equivalent weight
(c) Molecular weight
- Which of the following has maximum density?
- Which one of the following is used in the preparation of antiseptic solution?
(a) Potassium nitrate
(c) Iodine chloride
(d) Potassium chloride
- Which one of the following is not a chemical change?
(a) Burning of coal in air
(b) Fermentation of sugar cane juice
(c) Cracking of petroleum
(d) Crystallization of table salt from sea water
- Statement I: Addition of water to an aqueous solution of HCl decreases the PH.
Statement II: Addition of water suppresses the ionization of HCl.
(a) Both the statements are individually true and Statement II is the correct explanation of Statement I
(b) Both the statements are individually true and Statement II is the correct explanation of
(c) Statement I is true, but Statement II is false
(d) Statement I is false, but Statement II is true
- Which one of the following is the secondary source of light in a fluorescent lamp?
(a) Neon gas
(b) Argon gas
(c) Fluorescent coating
(d) Mercury vapor
- Which one of the following is heavy water used in nuclear reactor?
(a) Water having molecular weight 18 u
(b) Water having molecular weight 20 u
(c) Water at 4°C but having molecular weight 19 u
(d) Water below the ice in a frozen sea
- The rusting of iron nail
(a) decreases its weight
(b) increases its weight
(c) does not affect weight but iron is oxidized
(d) does not affect weight but iron is reduced
- Which one of the following when dissolved in 𝐻2𝑂 gives hissing sound?
(b) Slaked lime
(c) Soda lime
- Commercial vulcanization of rubber involves
- Aqua-regia used by alchemists to separate silver and gold is a mixture of
(a) hydrochloric acid (concentrated) and nitric acid (concentrated)
(b) hydrochloric acid (concentrated) and sulphuric acid (concentrated)
(c) nitric acid (concentrated) and sulphuric acid (concentrated)
(d) hydrochloric acid (dilute) and sulphuric acid (dilute)
- Nail polish remover contains
(d) acetic acid
- Statement I: Soaps do not form lather with water containing salts of calcium and magnesium.
Statement II: Calcium and magnesium salt of long chain fatty acids are insoluble in water.
(a) Both the statements are individually true and Statement II is the correct explanation of
(b) Both the statements are individually true but Statement II is not the correct explanation of
(c) Statement I is true, but Statement II is false.
(d) Carbon monoxide
- Which one of the following is associated with the formation of brown air in traffic congested
(a) Nitrogen oxide
(b) Sulphur dioxide
(c) Carbon dioxide
(d) Carbon monoxide
- The polymeric fiber used as a substitute for wool in making synthetic blankets, sweaters, etc.,
- Which one of the following petroleum refinery products has the lowest boiling point?
(d) Lubricating oil
- Which one of the following is used as a mordant in dyeing and tanning industry?
(a) Magnesium oxide
(b) Magnesium carbonate
(c) Magnesium chloride
(d) Magnesium sulphate
- Which of the following statements about the commonly used automobile battery are true?
I. It is usually a lead-acid battery.
II. It has six cells with a potential of 2 V each.
III. Its cells work as galvanic cells while discharging power.
IV. Its cells work as electrolytic cells while recharging.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below
(a) I, II, III and IV
(b) I, II and III
(c) II and IV
(d) III and IV
- The light emitted by firefly is due to
(a) a radioactive substance
(b) burning of phosphorus
(c) a photoelectric process
(d) chemiluminescence process
- Which one of the following polymeric materials is used for making bullet proof jacket?
(a) Nylon-6, 6
- The coil in a heater is made of
- Which among the following elements is abundant on the lunar surface and holds the potential to put an end to the energy crisis of the earth?
- If a limestone piece is dipped in water, a bubble evolves. The bubbling is due to
(c) water vapor
(d) carbon dioxide
- Which one of the following chemicals is commonly used by farmers to destroy weeds?
(c) 2, 4-D
(d) Methyl bromide
- Some statements about the benefits of organic farming are given below. Indicate whether they
are true or false using the codes given below the statements:
- It reduces 𝐶𝑂2 emission.
- It does not lead to toxic effect.
- It improves the water-retention capacity of the soil.
(a) 1 2 3
False True False
(b) 1 2 3
True False False
(c) 1 2 3
False True True
(d) 1 2 3
False True True
- Which of the following is the softest?
- Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the codes given below the Lists.
List I List II
A. Solder 1 Iron and carbon
B. Brass 2 Copper and zinc
C. Bronze 3 Copper and tin
D. Steel 4 Lead and tin
A B C D
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 4 2 3 1
(c) 1 3 2 4
(d) 4 3 2 1
You can also check :
- Practice Sentence Improvement Questions for CDS with Answers 2023
- Comprehension Passages For CDS with Answers 2023
- CDS GK Questions 2023 | CDS General Knowledge Questions
- General knowledge chemistry questions for CDS & other defence exam
- General knowledge biology questions with answers for defence exam
- MOST Important CDS GK Question of Physics 2023
Answer of general knowledge chemistry objective questions :
1. (b); 2. (a); 3. (a); 4. (b); 5. (d); 6. (d); 7. (b); 8. (b); 9. (d); 10. (a); 11. (a); 12. (a); 13. (b); 14. (c); 15. (d); 16. (c); 17. (a); 18. (b); 19. (c); 20. (b); 21. (a); 22. (b); 23. (d); 24. (b); 25. (b); 26. (b); 27. (d); 28. (c); 29. (c); 30. (c); 31. (b); 32. (b); 33. (d); 34. (a); 35. (a); 36. (a); 37. (a); 38. (d); 39. (b); 40. (d); 41. (a); 42. (d); 43. (c); 44. (a); 45. (c); 46. (d); 47. (c); 48. (c); 49. (a); 50. (b);
NOTE: If you have any doubt regarding any question and answer then please let us known by commenting below . And also check other general science questions on NDA books.in
- chemistry gk question in hindi
- chemistry g k questions pdf
- physics general knowledge questions
- basic questions of chemistry with answers
- 1000 chemistry questions and answers pdf
- tricky chemistry questions with answers
- chemistry gk questions in english
- chemistry general knowledge questions and answers pdf in hindi