Looking for UPSC CDS syllabus ? Here you will get latest CDS Syllabus pdf to download for free .Every year UPSC conduct CDS exam twice in a year for Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The exam pattern for all the academy is different and also their is slightly difference in the syllabus as well . So here we have provided the CDA INA ( Indian naval academy) syllabus pdf and exam pattern below in brief .
Syllabus is very important for every exam which aspirant must look up to before starting the actual preparation of the exam so that they know at which section they need to focus the must . We have provided the syllabus of CDS exam for different academy separately which aspirant can look .
So ,now before we have a look at the detailed syllabus for UPSC CDS INA Recruitment exam , you must have a basic knowledge of the exam pattern.
- The written test for Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy(AFA) will have three sections i.e. as given below with 100 marks assigned for each section.
- General Knowledge
- Elementary Mathematics
- For Officers’ Training Academy the written test will have two sections i.e. English and General Knowledge.
- The difficulty level/standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level.
- The standard/difficulty level of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected by a candidate who has a graduate degree.
- After qualifying the written exam the candidates need to qualify the SSB interview in order to be eligible for academy .
The topics for each of these subjects are covered in the detailed syllabus given below.
Take CDS 2022 Online Test Series to upscale your exam preparation and beat the competition.
Table of Contents
CDS INA Syllabus 2022 – General Knowledge
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of an educated person with a graduate degree. Question will be based on various topics that are given below:
- Current Affairs
- Defense-related Award
Below in the table we have provided the general knowledge section CDS INA syllabus details subject-wise as per the previous year question paper .Remember the below subject-wise syllabus of general knowledge is not mentioned in the official notification , and provided by analyzing previous year question paper :
|General knowledge subject||Syllabus||No. of questions can be asked|
|History||The history section consist of Ancient India, Medieval India, and Modern India.||23 – 18|
|Geography||Questions asked from topics like Drainage System, Soils, Census, Mineral resources distribution, Location of mountains, boundaries of States, passes, Atmosphere, Oceans, Landforms, Important tribal groups, especially those living in hilly areas, etc.||15 – 17|
|Polity||Preamble, Schedules, Constitution of India, Citizenship, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Union, Parliament, Judiciary, State Government, State Legislature, Administration of UT, Administration of Special Areas, Emergency Provisions, Panchayati raj and municipalities, Central and Interstate relations, Constitutional Bodies, Non-Constitutional Bodies, and Tribunals, etc.||13 – 17|
|Economy||leading products of India like Pulses, Bananas, etc., and Green, White and Blue Revolution, important industries of India, Banking System of India, Currency and Inflation, working of international organizations like IMF, IDA, WTO, etc, census of India, etc. should be in your preparation list. Depreciation, Type of taxes: Wealth tax, Income tax, Service tax, etc.||12 – 14|
|Physics||Magnet, Electricity, Light, Sound, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Force and Laws Of Motion, Motion, Electric Current, Sound, Friction, Force and Pressure, Motion and Time, Heat, etc||8 – 10|
|Chemistry||Acids, Bases and Salts, Physical and Chemical Changes, Synthetic Fibres and Plastics, Materials- Metals and Non-Metals, Coal and petroleum, Combustion and Flame, Matter In Our Surroundings, Atoms and Molecules, Chemical Reactions and Equations, Metals and Non-metals, Carbon and its Compounds, and Periodic Classification of Elements, etc||8 – 10|
|Biology||Nutrition, Organisms, Transportation, Reproduction, Microorganisms, Cell Structure and Functions, Fundamental Unit Of life, Tissues, Life Processes, Control and Coordination, Biotechnology,||9 – 10|
|GK( Static & current )||For this section you need to be aware about the news of at least 1 year before the exam date and 6 month before the filling of application form .||35-40|
CDS INA Syllabus 2022 – English
The section will test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. Some of the topics are given below.
- Basic Grammar
- Idioms & Phrases
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension Solving
- Substitution of Words
- Error Spotting
- Para Jumbles
CDS INA Syllabus 2022 – Elementary Mathematics
Number System: Natural numbers, Rational & Real numbers, Integers. Fundamental operations, subtraction, multiplication, addition, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and work, percentages, time and distance, applications to simple & compound interest, ratio and proportion, profit and loss, variation.
Elementary Number Theory: Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. L.C.M. and H.C.F. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, use of logarithmic tables and laws of logarithms.
Basic Operations, simple factors, H.C.F., L.C.M., Remainder Theorem, Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots & coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns — analytical & graphical solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Rational expressions and conditional identities, Set language & set notation, Laws of indices.
- Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°
- Simple trigonometric identities.
- Use of trigonometric tables.
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
Plane & plane figures, Lines & angles, Theorems on
- Properties of angles at a point
- Parallel lines
- Sides & angles of a triangle
- Congruency of triangles
- Similar triangles
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, square and rectangle
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normals
- Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle.
- Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), surface area and volume of spheres
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency
|NOTE : – If you need any help regarding your exam, preparation or demand of e-books, video lectures, syllabus etc then let us know 📌 in the Comment Section below.|
Hope you like the information shed above about Top 100 Questions Asked in SSB Interview PDF Download Free. For more contents or information like this share the post in your circle, comment below and also do not forgot to turn on the notification of our Website Ndabooks.in .
What is the syllabus of UPSC CDS INA?
The CDS written exam is further divided into sections. The written test for the IMA, INA, and AFA consists of three sections: English, General Knowledge, and Elementary Mathematics. The written exam for OTA consists of two sections: English and General Knowledge.
Search Keywords : –
- upsc cds syllabus pdf download 2022
- cds syllabus pdf in hindi
- cds syllabus for ota
- cds syllabus 2021 pdf download
- cds ota syllabus pdf
- cds maths syllabus pdf
- cds ota syllabus 2022 pdf download
- upsc cds 2022 apply online